Wednesday, March 31, 2010

THIERRY HENRY: I'LL BE AN ARSENAL FAN FOREVER Mar 30, 2010 2:17:00 PM Former Gunner says he has a 'special relationship' with Arsenal fans.

Thierry Henry claims he was feeling “very emotional” as he prepared to fly to London on Tuesday for an epic Champions League return to Arsenal.

European champions Barcelona take on the Gunners in the first leg of the Champions League quarter-finals on Wednesday, with Henry likely to start on the left of a three-man attack in his first appearance at the Emirates for almost three years.

“I am very emotional,” he was quoted as saying in the Express. “It will be a strange game for me.

“Before the draw I said that I did not want to meet Arsenal. But now it is what we have been given and we will have to be at our best.

“It was the one team I did not want for reasons that everyone knows, but that is what happened.

“To return home is strange and even more so in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.”

Henry scored 226 goals in eight seasons with Arsenal and was recently voted the best player in the club’s history in a poll on the official website.

“Since I joined Barcelona I have only been back to Arsenal on one occasion, when they played Blackburn three or four months ago,” he said.

“This will be only the second time. I do not know how people will react. I have a special relationship with Arsenal fans. They are great. Incredible. They always support you and help the team.

“I am now an Arsenal supporter. I will always be one. When Arsenal play and I can see the game, you can be sure to find me in front of a television.”

No comments:

Post a Comment